MICE.com has compiled a collective list of professional development and educational opportunities from all sectors of the Meetings Industry for the month of July 2017 to include webinars, courses, training sessions and events.
Organizer: Meetings Today
1 PM EDT
When webinar platforms and virtual events first emerged on the scene, I remember the cries of hysteria from our industry–fears that live, in person events were doomed to go the way of the rotary phone, replaced by newer technology. Clearly that hasn’t happened, and we believe there will always be room for face to face meetings in the hearts and minds of our attendees.
The real competition our live events need to face is in the hearts and minds of our business leaders and stakeholders. With virtual events orders of magnitude cheaper than in person, and often able to draw the same or sometimes larger crowds, a knee jerk reaction might be to invest in online marketing channels at the expense of offline and in-person channels. And when executives compare the detailed analytics that are available from digital channels to the dearth of data coming out of live events, it only makes their choice that much easier.
But it doesn’t have to be that way – live events generate an incredible amount of data and insights, but you have to commit to capturing, collecting, and using it! Furthermore, with all the tools, technology, and techniques available to you, the insights gathered from live event activity will be far more valuable than mere online interactions. When you unlock the treasure trove you’re already sitting on, you’ll be able to measure your offline marketing channels as tightly as your online marketing channels, and THATS the Power of Live.
In this webinar you will learn:
- The tragedy of the ‘ghost attendee’ and what you can do about it
- 5 ways to use data to better understand your event success
- An overview of the available tools to capture event insights
- Real life examples of how planners are shaping the attendee journey
- Actionable steps to get started.
Earn CEUs: EIC has reviewed the learning objectives of this activity and has indicated that attendees will receive 1 CE hours in the Marketing Domain of the CMP or CMP-HC Standards.
Recognized by the DMO industry as its highest educational achievement, CDME is an executive-level program for experienced DMO professionals seeking advanced professional development. The focus of the program is on strategic vision, leadership, DMO performance, community stakeholder management as well as marketing and product development best practices.
The following courses will be offered in this July series:
- Strategic Issues in Destination Management: July 6–7 (2 Day Core)
- Destination Advocacy and Community Relations: July 8–9 (2 Day Core)
- Development of the Destination Experience: July 10–11 (Concurrent 1 and Half Day Elective)
- Technology and Digital Marketing Communications in Destination Management: July 10–11 (Concurrent 1 and Half Day Elective)
As the CDME is a credential program, an approved CDME Application is REQUIRED prior to registering for any courses. Please allow 30 days for the application to be processed. For more information, visit the website.
- If you have an active application, log in first.
- Click on Register Now to proceed.
- Select the $0.00 ticket and continue to register Yourself.
- Scroll through the days on the schedule and click Add to include it in your purchase.
- Proceed to check out.
11 AM Central
Proposed 1 Hour Domain A: Strategic Planning
Sponsored by Amadeus
Meeting professionals see many challenges as they look to the future of events, and one of the biggest is how to make better technology decisions in the face of so much choice. Discover a framework to refer to when considering and investing in technology. From virtual reality and telepresence to RFID and near-field communication make sure you making the best technology decisions based on a system that prepares you for the future and the technological changes that come with it.
- Discover the advantages and disadvantages of leasing and buying.
- Learn how to manage technological risks by asking the right questions and finding the best options.
- Find out how to move forward with confidence when investing in technology.
- Jessie States, CMM , Education Content Designer, Meeting Professionals International (MPI)
1 PM CDT
Do lights, sound, and projection make you feel uncomfortable or uncertain? When reading AV quotes, do you feel like you need a translator because they are in a different language? Does staging an engaging experience enhance your timeline to deliver a clear message? With a little explanation, vision, and creativity, you can learn a few tricks to involve your audience without increasing your budget. What is the real difference between and A1 and A2?
- Identify three types of equipment needed to enhance Audio Visual productions.
- Determine what key elements are needed for an RFP for Audio Video.
- Learn to read a quote and compare to another.
1 Clock Hour
Organizer: Smart Meetings
11 AM PDT
Experience is the foundation that drives brand affinity, loyalty and advocacy, and it’s no secret that the world of event engagement is changing fast. Listen in as FreemanXP navigates the latest trends driving the meetings industry and teaches you how to grow the success and reputation of your events.
Tune in to learn the overall social, behavioral and technological trends and strategies to fire up the chemistry between you and your attendees.
- Marketing: Learn tactics to communicate and drive attendee interest
- New Event Formats: Freshen up your event platform with trends that encourage interaction, engagement and creativity
- Meaning Making: Connect with your attendees through shared values and unique trends with a keen philanthropic focus
- Tech and Data: Learn which emerging tech trends are gaining popularity in meetings
Presenter: Katie O’Brien VP, Experience Design, FreemanXP
GBTA Convention is the world’s largest business travel event. Over 7,000 business travel professionals from around the world will be gathering in Boston this year for state-of-the-art education, exclusive networking opportunities and news on the latest innovations in the industry.
GBTA Convention 2017 marks the 49th edition of The Business Travel Event of the Year® and our theme this year, Convergence, was developed to address the latest trends, issues and guidelines that have emerged as the business travel industry has evolved.
11 AM Central
Proposed 1 Hour Domain G: Meeting or Event Design
From insurance to cancellations, planning for safe, effective and efficient transportation can be one of the most complicated and critical elements of your events. Discover best practices in meetings and events transportation from contingency planning to technology and software to live updates. Discover the industry’s top resources that will help you ensure that your attendees arrive on time, safely, and make sure that you are asking the right questions that make this possible.
- Discover next practices for meeting and event transportation.
- Find new and best resources for helping people get to and from your meetings–and everywhere in between.
- Get answers to your greatest transportation challenges.
- Steve Levin, President, Sterling Rose Transportation
1 PM CDT
In today’s fast-changing and disruptive business environment, it’s getting more challenging to earn YES decisions to attend your events. As attendee experience palates grow more sophisticated, how can you be sure the experiences and encounters you design will be noticed and appreciated by attendees? In this webinar, we’ll explore the power of data insights and how wearable technology is changing the game forever. Finally, event organizers can quickly access the intelligence they need to delight attendees today and better predict what experiences they’ll crave tomorrow. We’ll also take a closer look at how event behavioral insight ushers in new and more vibrant revenue streams.
1 Clock Hour
Organizer: Meetings & Conventions
2 PM ET
Planners are familiar with the big players in the shared economy space, like Uber and Airbnb. Do such entities have a place in the meetings world? This webcast debates the pros and cons, as well as introduces new companies targeting meetings, such as Vizeat, Spacebase and Showslice.
Lisa A. Grimaldi, Senior Editor, Meetings & Conventions
CMP: Domain A, Strategic Planning
11 AM Central
Sponsored by Greater Fort Lauderdale Meet Sunny
Proposed 1 Hour Domain C: Risk Management
Challenge what “Risk Management” refers to and how it contributes to your organization’s performance. There are a variety of pre-conceived notions about risk management, many of which are negative. Discover a fresh look at a subject that many see as tedious or boring, and understand the thinking behind good risk management and what makes it work effectively.
- Discover why risk management is important to your business.
- Learn what the customer sees when it comes to risk.
- Find simple and easy techniques to help you prepare for the uncertainties of tomorrow.
- Vicki Hawarden, Excellence Squared
Organizer: Meetings Today
1 PM EDT
Hotels are constantly seeking new ways to generate profits–from resort fees to room rental to service charges—so planners are now being asked to pay for goods and services that were formerly complimentary or discounted.
Join Meetings Today and Patti Shock, academic consultant, The International School of Hospitality (TISOH), and professor emeritus, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, for this one-hour webinar that will prepare you to meet the budget challenges of today’s meetings F&B environment.
Attendees will learn the following:
- Be prepared to negotiate additional goods and services
- Understand the importance of having great rapport with your catering and convention service manager
- Know how to be smart when requesting concessions
- Recognize the difference between soft and hard costs
- Be able to deal with not reaching your F&B minimums
Earn CEUs: The Events Industry Council has reviewed the learning objectives of this activity and has indicated that attendees will receive 1 CE hours in the Financial Management Domain of the CMP or CMP-HC Standards.
Organizer: Successful Meetings
2 PM EDT
Budget issues are always a stumbling block to producing great F&B for meetings. In this webcast, experienced, planners and top convention service managers will share best practices for saving money and how to find places to trim a budget without affecting the quality of the dining experience.
If you are hosting a professional development webinar, course, training session or event educating MICE professionals contact Michael Mayhew at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send any links along with a brief description.